- Do you feel bloated, wake up in the morning with sheet marks all over your body?
- Do you feel swollen legs, arms and belly?
- Even lying on the pillow for a few minutes, is your face full of marks for a long time?
Your body is probably water retention because of toxins that need to be eliminated. This is a sign of a lack of control in the lymphatic system.
This can cause tiredness, stress, skin pain, increased cortisol which is one of the cancer-causing hormones and other discomforts.
Do you need Lymphatic Drainage.
Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is a type of massage based on the hypothesis that it will encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. The lymph system depends on contractions of the smooth muscle cells in the walls of lymph vessels and the movement of skeletal muscles to propel lymph through the vessels to lymph nodes and then to the lymph ducts which return lymph to the cardiovascular system. Manual lymph drainage uses a specific amount of pressure and rhythmic circular movements to stimulate lymph flow.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage
1- Activating the immune system: by stimulating the flow of lymph through the lymphatic system, invasive toxins in the body are pushed towards the lymph nodes where they can be analyzed and destroyed.
2—Decreased Cortisol (Stress Hormone): Cortisol levels are reduced when you receive lymphatic drainage treatment. And you will still feel immense relaxation as a result.
3- Pain Relief: Lymph buildup in certain areas due to poor circulation can cause swelling from excess fluid. When the lymph nodes are decongested, the pain and swelling go away.
4– Draining action: this is the basis of lymphatic drainage. Once toxins are mobilized, the rest of the actions can take place.
What are some conditions that can benefit from lymphatic drainage massage?
- lymphedema following breast cancer surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This is ongoing arthritis in your joints causing joint pain, swelling and stiffness.
- Fibromyalgia: This condition causes chronic muscle and joint pain.
- Lipodema: This happens when excess fat accumulates in your lower body, blocking your lymphatic pathway and causing lymphedema.
- Post lipo surgery: helps with the swelling, bruises, and is a massive pain relief.
How often to have the massages ?
Depends on each assessment how often to attend the appointment.
I usually say to my clients forever. Because massage is a blessing therapy you can have to stay healthy, feel young, get to relax and than energised. It means Feel Better Now and Forever.